7.13.2010

Summer Blog Challenge

I am not, as you may have noticed, an assiduous blogger -- some of you miss my posts and some could care less. But it is time to catch up. My dear friend Fonda has issued a challenge... a "Summer Blog challenge". I thought, this would be as good a time as any to start blogging again.

Our first topic... WHAT SAYS "SUMMER" TO YOU?

Summer means so many things for me. One of them to say the least is sadness. Every time around this year, for the last 13 years, I have been reminded of that fateful day when Paul passed away. The pain of losing him is gone, but in a strange way it's still there. I still miss him. I don't think I will ever forget the day I found him laying unconscious on our front-yard. I never thought I would lose him like that, so suddenly... so abruptly. Even though his death certificate says July 14, 1997; In my heart and mind, he died July 13, Sunday.

I am grateful to God for the many blessings He has given me. My life with Paul, a beautiful daughter, and now my life with Doug. Thank you, Lord!

In Loving Memory


Paul Rene Saunders
May 5, 1959 - July 14, 1997




"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints."
~Psalm 116:15

I could not stay another day,
To love, to laugh, to work or play;
Tasks left undone must stay that way.
And if my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joy.
~ Shannon Moseley, “Don’t Grieve for Me”


11 Had Something To Say:

Fonda said...

My dear friend, I am so happy to see you back in blogland...even though I read this post with tears in my eyes. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Autumn today. I love you!

Brenda said...

August,I too was to happy to see you back I am without words now. Tanks for posting Paul been thinking of him so much. My prayers are with you and Autumn today. I love you.

Brenda said...

August,I too was to happy to see you back I am without words now. Tanks for posting Paul been thinking of him so much. My prayers are with you and Autumn today. I love you.

raebralop said...

Nice to see you blogging! Thinking of you and the family and wishing we could see you soon! Love to all - Kirstin

Caty said...

It's nice to see you back. What a great return blog and that bible verse was beautifully fitting

hapi said...

Hi August, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

dr dre headphones said...

The Office2010 Excel not only the tabulation Microsoft Office 2010 and plotting a strong and more than 300 kinds of functions of the built-in mathematical, financial, statistical, engineering, Office2010 Excel data list and PivotTable data, data tables, program management, single Variable, Solver and data analysis and other analytical methods and tools, the Office2010 Excel can carry a variety of complex calculations and analysis, are useful for economic management, engineering and technical personnel and researchers. Microsoft Office 2010 Key

Unknown said...

Keep updating like this few more with your post..
Please visit on these keywords :-- dimmer switches | led lights | plug sockets | led lights | Designer light switches | modern light switches

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bridal saree said...

This is one of the great blog post. I like your writing style. I appreciate your efforts. Keep posting some more interesting blog posts

diablo4shop said...

My spouse and i think about when you re-make something is significantly cherished and contains an outstanding a sense admire regarding people be video activity, a new video, or perhaps whatever people will be really shielding than it.They have satisfied memories personal computer. We all, while avid gamers, have your individual happy reminiscences than it.Each of our objective while using cellular variance ended up being to provide because as possible a perception of which authentic Dungeon Goalkeeper knowledge, as well as some people, that’s not really how they want to re-visit your company, these people added.
Diablo III Items

Diablo 3 Items For Sale