Travel Day

Day 1
This is it! I'm leaving for LA via Cleveland in about an hour. The Nieces and I will meet at LAX tonight for our flight from LA-Taipei-Manila around 11: 00 pm.

Please kindly remember us in your prayers. Pray for safe travels, that we won't have any issues with TSA and that we would have an awesome time with our family.

DH just told me that my plane from CRW is a 19 seat passenger. Yikes! I've never been in a small airplane.

See yah!

10 Had Something To Say:

Anonymous said...

So you've been gone nearly 12 hours and should be in LA by now. A phone call, maybe?

Dear Husband said...

That was me, by the way.

Fonda said...

Let us know when you arrive...even if it is just a short "I'm here!" I am looking forward to hearing all about it.

Brenda said...

August so exciting reading about your travel plans. You take care and have a great trip.

Dear Husband said...


As of this posting (approximately 5:00pm Eastern Daylight Time), her flight has arrived in Taipei, Taiwan. According to the EVA Airlines website, they arrived at 6:11am local time which was probably about 50 minutes ago.

She should have a layover of approximately 3 hours then she'll catch EVA flight 271 from Taipei to Manila. This flight is scheduled for about 2 hours and 5 minutes, putting her into her home town sometime around midnight, eastern time.

If she doesn't post anything, I'll be sure to put the information here!

Dear Husband said...

There's still no word from August, even though she should have gotten to her niece's house six or seven hours ago. Having seen nothing in the news about plane crashes or terrorist attacks, I'm going to assume that she was too tired to let anyone know she got there safely.

Brenda said...

Thanks Doug for the info. Art and I were talking about her and nieces whereabouts last night. You take care my friend.

Dear Husband said...

Another update:

She did finally call me at around 9:00pm last night...which means it was 9:00am today for her already. (I told her not to spoil it for me; let me find out what happens for myself.)

She never does get that joke.

Anyway, the first thing she asked was if I wired the money to her as I was supposed to. Yep, it's her, and she's just fine! A bit later when I called her (the very first time I've ever done a direct international long distance call by the way) to tell her the money was available at Western Union™, all of her relatives were arriving for the big party.

She was quite nervous.

Serves her right for making me wait over nearly 18 hours to hear she arrived safely!

So, she's there safely. Any other updates will have to come from her.

Fonda said...

Thanks for letting us know that she is at least safe and sound in the Philipines. I have been concerned about her. When you talk to her again, let her know we are all thinking of her and impatiently waiting on an update on her trip.

Enjoy the peace and quiet!

Miss August said...

Oh hon! I am so sorry for not calling sooner but Marty's phone line was down and I couldn't figure out how to use my cellphone to call the US.